Friday 29 August 2008

After I Have Run Through All The Defaults...


After I have run through all the defaults 


My solidarity secludes me tonight


And it is growing by the minute


Into this massive monster


With fiery red eyes


How conclusions I reach


And to conclude I fail


How the possessions I keep


And other possessions lost in space


How my bed swallows me deep every night


I stretch my arms out begging to be pulled out


But the dim lights in my room


Tie a dim light in my heart


And the streetlights that shine bright


Dance with the glimmering stars


No longer can I differentiate between dreams and reality


No longer can I appreciate right from wrong


For my human world is tangled in a mossy green skunk


That stinks and bathes them in vanity divine


And that drips and leaves a trail for the rest to follow


And their tails bristle 


The hairs stand up straight


A warning, a cold fright


Covering that bright red tail with a long black coat


No matter how night is the night


You can’t hide


No matter how bright the daylight


The mask is your pride


And you deem yourself human


And yes we are identical


And yes if you look beneath the flesh 


We are all skeletal


How deep do you want to get?


How far do you want to go?


The moment that the dust you breathe in


Will exhale and give up on you


How we live selfishly


And only for what we think is right and true...


No comments: